Tokyo People

 

With a population density of 5,736 persons per square kilometer, Tokyo is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. The population of Tokyo City is 8,457,000, while that of the Tokyo metropolitan area is 12,544,000, which is 10% of Japan's total population. B esides the regular residents of the city, a large number of people commute to Tokyo everyday from nearby prefectures to study or work, thus making Tokyo's population by day much higher than by night.

Tokyo is overwhelmingly a mono-racial society with 98% of the population being Japanese, and the remaining 2% being Korean, Chinese, Philippine, British, American, Brazilian, and Peruvian. Most Japanese believe in the purity of their race, but latest investigations have revealed that they are actually a mixture of groups. This mix of Japanese stock has been created over a long period of time from different ethnic groups the Ainu , the Jomon, and the Yayoi . The Ainu are the aboriginal people of Japan, the Jomon had migrated from North and Central Asia several thousands years ago, and the Yayoi came to Japan from the southern part of the Korean Penisula around 400-300 BC.

The people of Tokyo are mostly nice and polite, though they may seem distant due to the fact that they usually like to keep to themselves. Most know at least a little English and are always willing to help foreigners in any way they can.

 
 
Tokyo City Guide - Useful information on Tokyo shopping, restaurants, activities, things to do and more!  Click any of the links below that interest you to find out more!
Tokyo Activities Tokyo Geography Tokyo Museums Tokyo Singles
Tokyo Airports Tokyo Government Offices Tokyo Nightlife Tokyo Shopping
Tokyo Banks Tokyo History Tokyo Parks Tokyo Shrines
Tokyo Culture Tokyo Honeymoons Tokyo People Tokyo Stats
Tokyo Embassies Tokyo Housing Tokyo Photos Tokyo Tours
Tokyo Employment Tokyo Links Tokyo Realtors Tokyo Transportation
Tokyo Events Tokyo Legal Assistance  Tokyo Restaurants Tokyo Weddings
Tokyo Foreigners Tokyo Medical Assistance Tokyo Schools Tokyo Wellness
The Tokyo Travel Information Experts!
Send an email to us at ceo@tokyo-tokyo.com and we will answer any questions you may have about Tokyo.
All content and images copyright . No use of any content permitted without written authorization. Webmaster contact: ceo@Tokyo-Tokyo.com
© 2006 Tokyo-Tokyo.com
Website by Rossetti International l Photography by Jeff Laitila